PHILIP — Protection of Health by Increasing the Health Literacy of Pupils
Across Europe, high percentages of pupils 11-15 declare themselves to be health illiterate and show difficulties in understanding and following the instructions from doctors, and cannot evaluate health information. It is necessary to prioritize the promotion of health protection from childhood. The key role in the development of health literacy belongs especially to schools and all educational institutions, which are the most equipped to improve the current situation by including the topic in educational programs.
Hence, the main goal of PHILIP is to contribute, in cooperation with the partner organizations, to increase the health literacy levels of pupils between the age of 11-15. At the same time by including interviews with those who address or encounter the effects of insufficient education of children in the field of health literacy, it will be possible to create modules targeted both to the needs of children that aimed at helping teachers tackle the content of health literacy properly. This will allow forming not just the pupils but also educators, in order to give life to interactive and innovative educational programs, enhancing the awareness of health information.
- Ústav pro zdravotní gramotnost, z.ú. Czech Republic, Prague
- MPIRMPAKOS D. & SIA O.E. (E-SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL GROUP) Greece, Θεσσαλία
- Inovaciju tinklas (Innovation Network) Lithuania, Vilnius
- Academia Postal 3 Spain, Vigo
- TIBER UMBRIA COMETT EDUCATION PROGRAMME (TUCEP) Italy, Perugia
- CARITAS DIOCESANA DE COIMBRA, Portugal, Coimbra